QuickBooks error 15270
QuickBooks error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.
How to download full payroll updates?
Solution 1: Download entire payroll update
- Restart QuickBooks. If the QuickBooks Update Service window appears, click Install Later.
- Choose Help > Update QuickBooks.
- In the Update QuickBooks window click the Update Now tab. Click to select the Reset Updates checkbox before clicking the Get Updates button. Click OK to confirm the reset.
- When the update is complete, the Get Updates button becomes active and the words “Update Complete” appear below. Restart QuickBooks.
- If the QuickBooks Update Service message appears, click the Install Now button. The update should install successfully.
- Go to Employees > Get Payroll Updates to try to install the Payroll updates again. Make sure Download entire payroll update is selected and click Update.
Solution 2: Verify your subscription is active
- Basic, Standard or Enhanced Payroll: Click Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences. Sign into your Intuit Account to view the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page and verify your subscription is Active.
- Assisted Payroll: Click Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences. When the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance is open, close the screen to prompt an update and re-validation of your payroll service.
Solution 3: Verify EIN and Service Key :
- This error may occur if you are using Social Security numbers instead of employer identification numbers (EINs) or if you have not entered the Service Key yet. Verify these items in QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 4: Run Quick Fix my Program
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub :
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps fix common errors. For the best experience, we recommend using Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Close QuickBooks.
- We recommend you download the most recent version (184.108.40.206) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop). Note: If you’ve already installed Tool Hub before, you can find out which version you have. Select the Home tab. The version will be displayed on the bottom right or you can select About to view the version.
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Note: If you can’t find the icon, do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program.
Step 2: From the Tools Hub, run the Quick Fix my Program
The Quick Fix will shut down any lingering background processes QuickBooks may be using. It will run a quick repair on your program.
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, select Program Problems.
- Select Quick Fix my Program.
Solution 5: Check browser and internet connections
- Make sure Internet Explorer is set to be your default browser by opening the Internet Options menu choosing the Programs tab. Under Default Web Browser click the Make Default button.
- Switch your internet connection from wireless (or Wi-Fi) to hard wire.
- Temporarily Turn off User Account Controls turn off User Account Controls (Windows Vista, 7 and 8 users only).
If you’re still having problems, see the following articles for more help.